Thursday 3 July 2014

Dairy Free Diet - 1 week later!

It's been a week since I started cutting out milk from my diet, and I thought I'd share with you how it's been going so far! I bought a carton of the Alpro soy milk, and I've been using that on my cereal and in my tea. At first, the taste is a bit on the strange side... but it definitely grows on you! It doesn't exactly taste like milk, and its hard to describe the taste but after a week of using it I'm starting to like it and actually forget what cow's milk tastes like! I've had a few soy lattes from Costa and I would say they taste just as good as regular lattes.

As for yogurt, I am missing that a bit! I used to love yoghurt, and I'd definitely eat it everyday. But I've found something which is quite a good replacement: the Alpro soy desserts. They have a similar taste and consistency to custard, and they give me the same satisfaction of eating a pot of yoghurt. So far I've only tried the vanilla ones but there are other varieties, including dark chocolate and gingerbread, which I'm excited to try!

So, after 1 week, how do I feel? I wouldn't say the difference is enormous but I definitely do feel a difference. Whenever I'd eat a bowl of cereal or a yoghurt before, I used to get a sore tummy almost instantly. Now I can happily eat a bowl with soy milk and I feel fine! No uncomfortable pains, and I've definitely noticed a lot less bloating.  I recently visited my friend for a few days and one morning I had a bowl of cornflakes with regular semi-skimmed milk, and right away I felt the familiar stomach ache. It was good for me to be able to compare and confirmed for me that I'll definitely be using soy milk from now on!

I'll keep you posted on how this goes for me in the future. Thanks for reading!

No comments :

Post a Comment