Sunday 15 February 2015

10 simple things that make me happy

1. A beautiful sunset


2. Spending time with my gran. She's 93, and she's my inspiration. She's a wonderful, creative, warm and giving lady who isn't afraid to speak her mind. Right from when I was a little girl, she taught me never to give up on my dreams. She encouraged my artistic side and she made me believe anything was possible. 



3. Sending and receiving postcards. There's something so exciting and personal about getting a postcard and I love the feeling it gives- I really want to start sending more to people all over the world, and hopefully get some back!


4. Candles: they instantly make a difference to a room. They provide ambiance, a delicious smell, and looking at them just makes me feel so peaceful!


5. Looking through old photos. Brings back so many memories, and always provides such hilarity!


6. Cooking and baking. Is there anything more satisfying than creating cute and yummy cakes and treats?


7. Drawing. Working in an office, sometimes coming home in the evenings the last thing I want to do is stare at a screen again! If I'm not feeling like reading a book or writing, I'll get my coloured pencils out and sketch. Nothing better to de-stress you, and it's so satisfying to see a piece of work coming together.


8. Spending time with friends. This one speaks for itself. No matter what I do with them - even if it's something silly or small, just talking to them and laughing is the best and cheapest source of happiness you can find.


9. Being organised! I get so much joy out of a tidy home. It clears my mind, gives me focus and allows me to concentrate. I love making lists and writing things down, too. And it gives me an excuse to buy cute stationery, like this wonderful diary from Paperblanks:


10. Discovering: this could encompass travelling, learning, always finding new places, people, songs, movies, books, experiences. There really is nothing more joyous in life that discovering, for a curious girl like me!



The things that make me the happiest in life really are the small things. This post has been quite general but next time I'll do one focusing on more specific things that made me smile!

What kind of things make you happy?

2 comments :

  1. Love this post. You're so right.


    www.somethinginthewayshemoves.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete