Saturday 24 January 2015

Spa Day at New Lanark

Ah, January. That fabulous time of year... Christmas is over and everything feels a bit emptier and a bit, well, sadder. But I have to say - this January has been pretty awesome so far! I have been keeping busy, and aside from the horrendous weather my mood has been higher than I anticipated!

Maybe it's all the hope and excitement of a whole year of promises ahead.

Oh 2015, what will you do to me? What will I do with you??

One of the main things I want to do is get back into blogging again. I miss it and I miss writing in general! So I'm starting the year as I mean to go on.

And this applies to more than just blogging! I'll do another post on my new year's resolutions (because how original would that be!?) but one of the main ones on that list is to LOOK AFTER MY SKIN MORE!

In fact, look after my whole body more. That means, taking the time to have regular detoxes: relax, cleanse, exfoliate, moisturize!

With this in mind, I booked a spa day for myself and my mum at New Lanark Mill Hotel.


My Spa Attire!

Having stayed there before I knew it'd be lovely, and I wasn't wrong!

I had a 'pick me up facial' and a manicure.

Nails Inc Chelsea Manor Gardens pink polish


Donned a fluffy white robe then took to the pool - spent a while in the sauna, steam room and Jacuzzi before swimming a few lengths to finish up before tucking into a yummy lunch.



Left feeling revitalized, energized, relaxed and de-stressed! I would highly, highly recommend a spa break like this to anyone who works hard or has a busy life. Just taking the time out to say THANK YOU to your body now and again does a world of good.

New Lanark is a beautiful, peaceful place and it looked wonderful in the snow.



After time at the spa I spent the afternoon doing a tour of various garden centers and exploring old fire trucks!






What weekends were made for, clearly.

No comments :

Post a Comment