Friday 4 July 2014

Trip to Liverpool!

Hello everyone. At the weekend I visited my friend Lindsey down in Preston, and I had so much fun! I got the bus down and stayed for 2 nights, and we got up to so many adventures! I wanted to share with you some of my photos. I haven't seen my friend in nearly a whole year so it was just so amazing to be able to catch up with her! We were so lucky that we had beautiful weather the entire time I was there. Much dining al fresco took place, and enjoying the sunshine!

When I arrived on the Sunday it was still a glorious summer evening, so we chilled in a beer garden with a few Crabbie's (which are sooo good) chatting and catching up. Pretty soon we were getting hungry so Lindsey drove to a nearby little village which I don't remember the name of but it was super cute! The sun was setting and we wandered about exploring after our tea. It was such a picturesque little England chocolate-box village, straight out of a William Blake poem!








The evening was spent drinking endless cups of tea and chatting and reminiscing about Oz. Honey in my tea is my new favourite thing! The next morning we got up fairly early, got ready then headed to the train station to catch the train into Liverpool! I was so so excited. I've never been there before so I couldn't wait to see it. It turned out to be another lovely Summer day, and by the time we arrived in Liverpool around lunchtime it was pretty hot! We were peckish so we grabbed a sandwich from EAT and had a little picnic on the grass which was nice.





After lunch, we did a bit of shopping (oops!) and exploring the city. We went to see the Cavern Club where the Beatles and lots of other famous British artists started out in the 60s. There were so many Beatles themed cafes, restaurants and bars! Next we wandered down to the docks which were beautiful - there was colourful bunting everywhere which shone brightly in the sunshine, little vintage ice cream trucks and barges on the water. I thought these themed hotel barges were so fun! From left to right is the Titanic, the Yellow Submarine and the Gotham City/Batman barge! So so cool, and pretty reasonably priced! I'm definitely coming back to stay in one of these.















We sat outside and had a coffee in a little square overlooking the giant wheel and listening to the music coming from 'The Beatles Story' museum. It was a perfect afternoon! We headed back for the train about 5ish, got back to the house and changed before heading out to the Trafford Centre for dinner. I've never been there before and I was so amazed by it! Some more money was spent in Topshop and Victoria's Secret (ooooops) before we headed to the food court for something to eat. I was overwhelmed by all the choice! The 'grand hall' is amazing and all the entrances are themed like different countries- I've never seen anything like it! After dinner we headed home and we were completely knackered after such a busy day.







We had a leisurely morning on my last day before I went for the bus home, eating breakfast in the garden and playing with her cute rabbits! (I want some!!) It was super sunny again, even when I arrived back in Glasgow at 5pm. I had such an amazing time and I can't wait to go back! I'll do a haul post on here about the things that I bought in Liverpool and the Trafford Centre soon!





Thanks for reading guys. Look out for some exciting posts next week ;)

No comments :

Post a Comment