Thursday 26 June 2014

100 Happy Days - Day 100! Tapas Night

Hey guys! So I finally completed the 100 Happy Days challenge! :D I can't believe how fast the time has gone - I really enjoyed doing this and I would recommend it to anyone. Most of the time I found it easy to think of something happy for that day but there were times when it was more of a challenge! But that just gave me a reason to look for the happy part of my day which I otherwise wouldn't have done. It made me realise how truly lucky and blessed I am. I think social media gets a really hard time for giving people unrealistic expectations of what their life should look like, for bragging and for making us feel inadequate to others who appear to be richer, prettier, skinnier, happier than we are. However, I think there is a flip side to social media and the 100 happy days challenge is a good example of how sharing apps like Instagram can actually make us feel better about ourselves and appreciate the little things that make our lives amazing. In all my 24 years of wisdom I don't claim to know it all by any means but if I've learned anything growing up, it's that the only way to be happy is just to do that! Be happy! Sounds obvious and cheesy but it really is the best philosophy. We spend far too long worrying and obsessing and comparing our lives to get on with living them! Good things are happening, here , right now! If we don't enjoy them they'll pass us by.

I'm feeling really glad that I completed this challenge but I don't want the positivity to end there! Sometimes it's hard to see any light at the end of the tunnel and you wonder if you're ever going to get to where you want to go- the truth is you can't really know for sure! The future will take care of itself, that's for certain. Planning is good and ambition is good, but it's important not to let it take you over so much that you forget to notice what's going on round about you: the powerful clouds of a summer sunset, making someone you care about laugh, just spending time doing the things you love. 







Outfit of the day: h&m top and shorts!






I'm going to stop rambling on about that now! Tonight I went to La Tasca for dinner and had amaaaazing tapas and sangria. And got 2 for 1 with my Tastecard! Best thing ever. Now I'm totally stuffed and about to turn in for the night. Look out for a post on my make up  collection and storage featuring my newly built ikea cabinet!! 



Built alllll by myself! (Almost) 

No comments :

Post a Comment