Monday 21 July 2014

Weekend Fun! OOTD, zoos and feeding the ducks!

Hey everyone! So this has been another crazy busy week for me. I just don't know where the time is going! I can't believe we're halfway through July already! It makes me sad that Summer will be over soon :( BUT it isn't over yet! And in the meantime I plan on enjoying as many summery activities as I can on my days off!

On Saturday, after I finished work I picked up Craig and we went for a Nando's (strangely the FIRST time we've ever been for a Nando's together in over 6 months of being together- what's up with that?? We are clearly weirdos) I am still so excited to have finally passed my driving test so taking the car anywhere is an absolute thrill for me. I had my first experience of driving in very heavy rain which wasn't the best - accidentally driving through a massive puddle happened :( But soon we got our Nando's which was worth it! I thought this cute artwork in the restaurant was really fun:


After dinner we went across to the Amusements arcade and spent far too much money trying to win a baby meerkat toy out of the claw machines! Those things are definitely fixed. Eventually we gave up and decided to play a game of air hockey instead. To our surprise (and my delight) it was a Pac-man version of the game, which fired out dozens and dozens of multi-coloured pucks at us! It was highly entertaining!


On the way home we stopped off at Big Licks in Shawlands for some yummy ice cream! I got raspberry ripple and cookie dough, with sprinkles, obviously ;) It was soooo good!


We rounded off our Saturday night by watching Prisoners, a movie starring Hugh Jackman and Jake Gyllenhall (whom I love) It was really gripping, and it had an awesome twist at the end which I didn't see coming at all but kicked myself for not noticing it!

On Sunday the weather was much better so we decided to get up, have breakfast then get in the car (:D :D) and drive to E.K. to go to Calderglen Park! I haven't been there in years and years and I was excited to see if the mini-zoo was still there! It was, and it's been all done up so it was looking much prettier than I imagined. The summer flowers were in bloom and it was lovely to wander round listening to all the different bird calls and peering in at the animals in their enclosures.




We were lucky enough to arrive in time to see the animals being fed! We got to see Ring Tailed Coatis from South America, one of whom was climbing up and down a rope which the zoo-keeper had smothered in honey:


We also saw the pigs (who really will eat anything!) It was amazing how big they'd grown from tiny micro pigs in only 1 year! Next we saw the meerkats, running and jumping around to catch their crickets snack. And last (but by no means least!) we saw the guinea pigs! They are just soooo adorable. I would love to have my own 2 wee fluffball guinea pigs, like Zoella!


After we saw the animals we wandered round the park and down by the river. It's so beautiful at this time of year, I loved the wildflowers that were cropping up everywhere around us. We headed over to the loch to feed the ducks! It was like a game trying to get the bread to the ducks without the seagulls getting any! Evil seagulls. After Sydney I have such a hatred for those birds!


On Sunday night I was working night-shift :( so we had to go for an early dinner! We went to Zuccas in the village because we've wanted to go there for ages, and it didn't disappoint! We had half pizza, half pasta and OMG the portion sizes were insane. I ate sooo much food but it was awesome. Definitely going back there! Such a good way to end an awesome little weekend :) Making the most of days when I'm not working! How did everyone else spend the weekend?

Finally, here was my outfit of the day for Sunday! I wore an H&M crop top, Zara skirt and my black ankle boots, and I'm loving hair bows at the moment! Very "girl next door"








No comments :

Post a Comment