Friday 30 May 2014

May Non-Beauty Favourites

First of all, these sunglasses are just awesome! I love the white- its so chic, it reminds me of the South of France or Amalfi coastline! And the best part is they only cost me £5 from Tesco.




This month I've been listening to West Coast by Lana Del Rey on repeat - I love all her music and was so excited to hear this new track. As expected with Lana it's a sexy mix of dreamy vocals and summer vibes, reminiscent of Stevie Nicks-esque ethereal cool.



My film of the month has got to be X- Men: Days of Future Past. Having just been introduced to the whole X-Men franchise I have to say I am now a die hard fan! My favourite part of the film was the mutant Quicksilver and his hilarious and awesome super super speed skill. I love Jennifer Lawrence as Mystique and James Mcavoy as Professor X, but my favourite character is definitely Wolverine. I didn't think I'd enjoy these movies as I'm not usually a fan of sci-fi but these are so well made and very entertaining! I'd recommend this to anyone looking for something to go and see at the cinema.



This month I completed season 2 of Homeland and I am still hooked! I can't wait for season 3. I just wish they would bring it out on Netflix! I love seeing the webs and double triple crossing woven by Carrie and Brody, the complications and the drama. It's a clever series, ridiculously addictive - every episode is better than the last and it always leaves you hanging! A must watch.



My guilty TV pleasure this month has been Keeping Up With the Kardashians. I know, it's shameful! I have a thing about watching shows following the lives of the super rich and famous - there's just something so fascinating about getting an insight to a world so far removed from your own, focused on people who are essentially just as human and vulnerable as you. I love Kim the most- I feel like she's an empowering figure because she proves that sexiness comes from being comfortable and proud of your body, and  not caring what others think of you. I can't imagine what it must feel like to have the world's media constantly scrutinizing your looks, but she always appears so effortlessly glamorous. I watched Kanye West's interview on the Kris Jenner show and I love them both even more now! What he said about joy is so true. Life's purpose should always be about finding the joy in everything you do. That's why I decided to start this blog and keep up with it - giving myself a creative outlet and a purpose brings me joy because getting to be creative in whatever way I can is a part of me. Kanye's had such an interesting life and upbinging which I wasn't aware of- I've always liked him for his music but now I admire him so much more as a person.



Other favourites of the month: my sleep headphones! Essentially a comfy headband with in built speakers which makes it easy to listen to music in bed. Best. Invention. Ever.



These Nairn's chocolate chip oatcakes: delicious, wheat free and 44 cals which makes them healthier than regular biscuits but they taste soo good! I have mine with a cup of tea.




My chunky boots from Primark! I haven't had these off at all this month. They're faux suede and I love the white sole because I feel like it dresses them up a bit and makes them a bit more summer appropriate. I pair them with cute dresses and skirts and they look incredibly cool and modern. I can't believe they were only £15! Primark bargains are the best.



So that's it for my favourites of the month for May! Check back for more posts on my summer fashion wardrobe :)




No comments :

Post a Comment