Monday 4 August 2014

Commonwealth Closing Party!

So, the 11 days of madness are over and Glasgow is no longer host of the Commonwealth Games :( It's been amazing having the games on the doorstep, it's made me so so proud and patriotic! I wish I could have got to see more of it but I'm glad I got to go along to an event, met a lot of the athletes in my work and went along to the closing ceremony party at Glasgow Green yesterday! It was so much fun. We started off by taking a wander round the Merchant City festival - and got a wee glimpse of the Scotland cycling team go past!





There were lots of stalls selling amaaaazing food (the photos speak for themselves!), we got the BEST steak burgers and then Craig got his churros and I got fro-yo! (Classic me)






Before we headed to Glasgow Green we stopped off at Maggie May's (a favourite place of mine) for some amaaaazing cocktails, then we went to queue up to get into the festival.


The atmosphere was amazing, everyone was in such a happy mood! We decided to go on the big wheel since we're just massive children (there was a lot of spinning and dizziness)
Then we went to the bar and got a drink and watched the closing ceremony streamed live on big screens as the sun set over Glasgow.






We watched and danced to Kylie (obviously!) and I got emotional when Dougie Mclean sang 'Caledonia' one of my favourite songs of all time which I listened to loads in Australia when I missed home! (Yep I am that sad!)

It was a great night and I really enjoyed myself and I'm proud to say that Glasgow pulled off such an amazing Games and projected such a great example of Scotland to the rest of the world!


Yey Glasgow!! :D


No comments :

Post a Comment