Tuesday 19 August 2014

Seaside Weekend!

Hey everyone, I'm just back from such a fun wee trip to Largs and Millport at the weekend, and I thought I would share some of my photos with you. We were quite lucky with the weather- the first day was a bit blustery (I had to buy a hat!) but the second day was lovely and we were able to hire bikes and cycle round the island! I had so much fun, I don't even remember the last time I rode a bike! I felt like such a kid again - it was so nostalgic, eating fish and chips and ice cream, going to the amusements and the toy shop, doing all the regular sea-side-y activities!



We visited the amazing and quirky Kelburn Castle  which was so much fun, I've never been anywhere like it! The whole side of the castle has been painted with cartoon style graffiti which gives it such a magical vibe! There's also an adventure playground (which we had loads of fun completing) and a Secret Forest complete with gingerbread house, crocodile swamp, goblin castle and a maze! Anyone visiting Largs, I would highly recommend a trip here. They also have a cafe, a little farmyard with chickens and goats and a paddock with horses.









No trip to Largs would be complete without a world famous Nardini's ice cream sundae!





Hiring bikes on Millport was by far the best fun I've had in a long time. It was especially worth it after pedalling up a massive hill, to be able to freewheel alllll the way down to the bottom! So exhilarating.









Now I'm back home I'm missing the seaside already! Does anyone else love an old school British seaside holiday as much as I do?




No comments :

Post a Comment