Friday 8 May 2015

Dinosaurs, pandas, butterflies and pigs

My weekend was full of variety of the natural world, so it would seem.


On Saturday I visited the exhibition at Kelvingrove Art Galleries: Hatching the Past: Dinosaur Eggs and Babies.

It was a lot of fun! I love dinosaurs and I found it fascinating and mind blowing to learn about the some of the amazing fossilized eggs that have been discovered.




There was also a chance to be a big kid and play around in the sand pretending to be an archaeologist, or a paleontologist looking through the microscope. And their were real life moving dinos!

For kids (of all ages) this is a great exhibition and I'd thoroughly recommend it. Entry is £5.

I was off work on bank holiday Monday, so I took a little trip to the South Side with some friends. We went for brunch at The Butterfly and the Pig, which was lovely.


 
The place is full of character, lots of nooks and crannies, big comfy sofas which make you feel like you're in your granny's front room, sheet music wallpaper, bric-a-brac and oddities all around. And the food didn't disappoint either - their all day breakfast menu is expansive! Big recommend for this one.



Since the weather was nice on Monday we decided to go for a walk around Queen's Park. We went to the glasshouse and found a chinchilla, some parrots and lizards. And a giant panda!

I hope everyone enjoyed the long weekend - I'm excited that Summer is nearly here!

No comments :

Post a Comment