Wednesday 28 January 2015

Purples and Pinks





Picked up some new lovely things since it was pay day and I haven't bought any new make up in a while! (justification justification)

I've been lusting after the Clarins Instant Light Natural Lip Balms for a while now, so I finally decided to pick one up. It was well, well worth it. The colour is beautiful (shade 2, Coral) - mostly sheer with the perfect hint of pink, a lovely glossy, nourished finish on the lips, super hydrating and smells of vanilla. Gorgeous packaging as well! My first Clarins purchase and it won't be my last! I really want to try the Instant Light Lip Perfector glosses too.

I also picked up the Complete Limited Edition Eyeshadow Palette in Dead of Night from Superdrug's 'B.' range - not only does it look pretty but the shadows surprised me! Really creamy and well pigmented, and the colours are lovely. I went for mauvey purples since I don't usually wear those kinds of shades but I wanted to branch out away from brown smokey eyes!

Since it was buy one get one half price on that range I also picked up one of their serums. It's the 'B Nourished' serum which is designed for younger skin, aged 20-30. Apparently it's never too early to start using a serum! I've only applied this twice since I got it so the jury's still out on whether or not does anything spectacular, but I will report back in a few weeks' time.

I picked up a 'Luxe Velvet Lip Laqueur' lip cream in 'Kooky' from MUA: a deep purple. Yet to try this but it looks good! 

Finally, I got myself a nail varnish from No.7 in 'sweet lilac'. Such a pretty colour and the quality is excellent too. It's one of their gel-effect polishes and I'll definitely be going back to get more! And such a bargain at £3, since I had one of the £5 off vouchers from Boots.

Who else loves treating themselves to make up as much as I do? Such a rush...

1 comment :